Main Street Ventures is seeking a full-time Program Manager to manage our “Startup Education Program” (working title) which supports the long-term viability of our quarterly Grant Recipients with educational programming. The primary function of this role is to mentor Grant Recipients, and seek to leverage MSV’s resources to create competitive advantages for each company. Creating strategies for and matching Grant Recipients with MSV’s mentors, agency donors, educational programming, and any other resource within the region are the critical tasks of this position. In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Design, build, and execute the end-to-end grant recipient experience, including office hours, webinars, workshops & programming, events, communication strategy, and more in order to best serve our founders and create an engaged startup community.
- Report on overall grant recipient engagement, success measures of program elements, and founder feedback to adjust and improve the startup experience on a regular basis.
- Manage entrepreneur and mentor relationships, scheduling, planning logistics and executing the program.
- Facilitate meaningful connections for founders across our network, and translate these initiatives into an online platform that further supports our founders, partners, and communities.
- Management of Grant Recipients post-grant award to supporting the long-term survivability of MSV Grant Recipients
- Developing individual learning plans for each individual founder/grant recipient ,
- Work one-on-one with each of Main Street Ventures’ grant recipients to identify needs, develop tailored learning plans, hold entrepreneurs accountable to achieving learning plan milestones, and ultimately match founders with mentors, advisors and/or agencies
- Build and manage Main Street Ventures’ online learning platform:
- Identify new course topics to build based on the evolving needs of entrepreneurs in Great Cincinnati
- Identify and recruit subject matter experts to become course presenters
- Work with course presenters to develop their modules and presentations for courses
- Foster relationships with MSV’s Education Program stakeholders (startups, Startup Cincy organizations, academic institutions, mentors, investors, corporate partners) in Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, making sure each each group/individual feels effectively used/communicated with
- Assist in recruiting Main Street Ventures’ grant applicants
- Reporting on Grant Recipient engagement with the education program including but not limited to, hours spent with each company, agency hours spent, program progress, etc
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ideal candidate has related work experience in startup organizations, corporate startup programs, venture capital, or direct experience in a startup
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly learn a new industry, or dive deeper into the world of startups if already familiar
- High emotional intelligence and ability to quickly build rapport with strangers
- Strong organizational and communications skills, confidence in negotiating
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, highly independent work environment with much autonomy
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends and travel occasionally
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups
At Main Street Ventures (MSV), we believe that entrepreneurs are at the heart of Cincinnati’s economic future. Young businesses drive local job creation and economic development, but financial barriers inhibit their survivability. 83% of entrepreneurs don’t have access to bank loans or venture capital (Kauffman Foundation), limiting the options for many small businesses. A vibrant economic future for Cincinnati requires an entrepreneurial ecosystem that removes barriers to starting and growing a business. MSV is building this ecosystem.
Our primary initiative is to support emerging businesses with potential to create jobs and opportunities in the region. We do this by awarding grants to increase the odds of survival to profitability or funding and provide broader amplifier benefits to the entrepreneurial community. MSV also supports organizations and events that share a similar mission. For all initiatives we support, there is a particular focus on women and minority entrepreneurs that have been historically under-represented as founders.
MSV is a 501(c)(3) organization. Learn more at mainstventures.org.
Interested candidates should submit a Resume and Cover Letter.